Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Nutty Butty



I am a huge fan of peanut butter, and I love me some peanut butter & jelly sarnies. Yumms... I used to make my own PB&J sarnies to bring for school lunch, and I have to say I never did like those weird peanut butter & jelly mixes in a bottle. We only got the Goober brand at the supermarket, and yeah, I was not a fan. But anyways, I wanted a good PB&J cupcake, and I found this recipe from Gail Wagman's Cupcakes Galore to be pretty damn tasty. I've made them quite a number of times to date and they have yet to fail me. I do like to add more jelly/jam than the recipe calls for, cos it's so good to take a bite of the cupcake and find a nice jelly surprise in it. This recipe makes quite a few cupcakes - I usually get about 30 regular-sized ones.

Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes
Ingredients:
374g all purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
125g butter
300g brown sugar
200g peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
240ml single cream
115g jelly/jam (I like using strawberry, but whatever you fancy works)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter and vanilla and continue beating until thoroughly blended.
4. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well with each addition. Alternately add single cream and the flour mixture, and mix well.
5. Spoon batter into cupcake papers, filling them about 2/3 full. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool.
6. Top with your fave peanut butter frosting.

No comments: